UPDATE: It was another great neighbourhood event at Margaret Fairley Park! The day was cool, windy, and cloudy, but the rain held off. Crowds enjoyed music, games, food and drink, raffles and a silent auction. Our promise of the best party of the year came true again.
Thanks to photographers Graham Rempe, Richard Longley and Merrill Swain for some great photos. See a slide show here.
INVITATION: To start the Fall season off right, join your neighbours at the HVRA Fall Fair on Sun. Sept. 9 in Margaret Fairley Park at Brunswick and Ulster. Enjoy music, games, food and drink, raffles and a silent auction. Come out for the best party of the year in Harbord Village!
- Kids’ games and face painting, skit by Nags Players.
- Food and drink galore! Burgers, hot dogs and barbequ’d corn and lots more! Beer, wine, pop and juice.
- Head for the home-made baking and preserves. They sell out early!
- Visit community interest tables, including the one flying a Harbord Village Heritage banner, where you can learn about the history of your house on the spot!
- Renew your HVRA membership by cash or cheque.
- Bid on items from the silent auction and buy raffle tickets for instant gratification. Here are some items to tempt you:
Restaurant gift certificates: Her Father’s Cider Bar, Rasa, Piano Piano and many more
Tickets and passes: AGO, TSO, Tarragon Theatre, Fringe Festival, Factory Theatre, Royal Conservatory of Music, and a TFC game, to name a few!!
Gift cards: Fiesta Gardens, Sanagan’s Meats, Rexall, and Wiener Home Hardware
Membership for Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre
- Listen and dance to live music starting at 12:30 pm and ending at 6pm. This year’s lineup includes both old favourites and new groups. (Read the Band Descriptions here.)
12:30, Left Standing (pipes and drums, opening march-around)
1:00, Wayne Neon & The Amazing Tubular Orchestra (covers, pop, originals)
1:30, Paddy on the Cellphone (trad. Irish and Celtic)
2:15, Hobo Soles (old-time, ragtime, folk songs)
3:10, Caledon County (trad. Scottish, Irish, and country)
3:50, Taddle Creek Underground (folk, country, bluegrass)
4:20, The Real Deal (blues, roots and country)
5:00, Island Accent (Caribbean, calypso, ska, soca, reggae)
Have even more fun by helping plan or run the event. The organizers will be happy to hear from you: call Gus Sinclair at 416 543-2785 or email him at email@example.com. To contribute baking or preserves, please call Coleen Whyte at 416 922-0885.
See photos from past Fall Fairs to get an idea of this amazing event. And please take more photos this year and share them with us. Put them on your own photo website and send the link, or select a few of your best and send them as mid-size JPG attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.