HVRA collects basic contact information from members so we can keep in touch with you. We strive to keep this information private and secure.
- When you register as a member, we ask for your name, address, phone number, and email address so we can send you notices relevant to your specific location and so we can email you the regular “HVRA News” eblasts. Giving us your phone number is not mandatory, and you can choose not to sign up for the eblast mailings. Each eblast also contains an “unsubscribe” link.
- We never share our member lists with other organizations or make them available to anyone except members of the HVRA Board.
- Our membership system is guarded by stringent security settings on our website and on the server. The server is in Canada.
- Online payments are made outside our website through the PayPal system, which sets very high security standards. We receive no information about your credit or debit card.
- We track website usage only in the aggregate, not by individual. We are aware of members’ site visits only when we receive notices of payments made, or when security records indicate that a member is having trouble logging into the membership system. That information enables us to offer help if it seems to be needed.
Prepared by Margaret Procter, July 2018, on behalf of the HVRA Communications Committee