Log In & Renew | Join HVRA | Donate | Contact Membership Secretary
HVRA members are part of a dynamic neighbourhood organization. Being a member has many benefits for both homeowners and renters. The yearly fee of $10 (or more if you want) makes you a voting member at the two general meetings and brings you regular e-blast messages about local events and opportunities. Your membership dues help strengthen the neighbourhood by enabling HVRA to lead a range of activities. (Learn more by using key terms such as “Fall Fair” or “trees” to search this website.)
• Supporting neighbours during COVID through the Harbord Village Mutual Aid Network
• Addressing community concerns (snow removal, safety, development etc.)
• Working on traffic issues (a well-publicized traffic study, bike lanes, curb bump-outs)
• Hosting community events like the annual Fall Fair and Pumpkin Festival (with Harbord Street Business Improvement Area — BIA)
• Promoting greening and climate initiatives (trees, gardening group, solar panels, spring cleanup)
• Helping to beautify our local parks (Robert/Sussex, Margaret Fairley)
• Helping to acquire more community space (Sussex/Spadina Parkette, Robert/Sussex Community Space, Harbord/Bathurst Community Space, and Doctors’ Parkette)
• Greening concrete spaces in the neighbourhood through the Green Master Plan (laneway greening, street planters)
• Liaising with our City Councillor (currently Mike Layton), Harbord Street BIA, Toronto Police Service, and the University of Toronto
• Helping to preserve our area’s heritage and history
• Providing communication opportunities for neighbourhood parents and families
HVRA actively seeks volunteers to join its board and its activities. Connect with other residents, volunteer for fun and good works, and advocate for issues you care about. Email email@example.com to explore opportunities.
Current HVRA Members (includes login to Membership system)
If you’re already a member, go to the Member Options page. You will be prompted to log in beforehand. You may want to set a new password in the process by clicking “Lost Password.” (That will take you to a page for creating a new password. Remember to copy the new one to use when you return to the login page.)
Once logged in, you can update your Member Profile and then use the link for Pay/Renew. PayPal processes the transaction, giving you the choice of using your PayPal account, your credit card, or your VISA debit card.
To become a member, fill out a Member Profile form. Besides giving your contact information and setting your password, please let us know about your interests and concerns for the neighbourhood. We also want to know how you’d like to participate in HVRA as a volunteer. Do join in!
Once you have submitted your Member Profile, you are registered as a member and can log into the Membership system and pay your yearly membership fee. The transaction is processed by PayPal, which gives you a choice of using your PayPal account, your credit card, or your VISA debit card.
If you prefer to pay by cash or cheque, use our printable PDF Member Profile form and mail it with your payment or give it to the Membership Secretary at an HVRA event.
Donate to HVRA
You’re very welcome to donate towards the work of the HVRA whether you’re a member or not. We can’t give you a tax receipt, but we’ll certainly feel grateful!
The Membership Secretary can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.