Useful Links

The lists below will give you a sense of the public services available to Harbord Village residents. This page covers only a selection. Use the links to find out more.

  • For information about recreational and social opportunities provided by groups other than HVRA, see our related webpage Other Local Groups.

COVID-19 resources on government websites:

Elected Government Representatives

Toronto City Councillor, Ward 11 University-Rosedale (Municipal)
Dianne Saxe

Toronto District School Board, Ward 10 University-Rosedale and Toronto Centre
Deborah Williams

Toronto Catholic School Board, Ward 9
Kevin Morrison

MPP, University-Rosedale (Provincial)
Jessica Bell

MP, University-Rosedale (Federal)
Chrystia Freeland
1 613-992-5234

City of Toronto

  • Call 911 for emergencies.
  • Call 311 (TTY 416 338-0889) for the fastest way to get information, request a service or report a problem. Phone lines are open 24/7, and agents are trained to be helpful. They can direct your request to a specific department and will assign a service request number so you can check on the progress of your request or complaint. Once you have this number, you can also submit a photo or other documentation.
  • For a head start on finding what you want, browse the webpages at Use the “search” line to try out terms for what you want and get instant answers about where to look next. (The table below on this page also outlines departmental names and specialties.)
  • You can report problems or request services yourself by using the web forms on Record your service request number so you can follow up if necessary. (NOTE: Email requests are no longer officially accepted.)

NEW: To report your observations of bad driving, including wrong-way driving on residential streets, use an online driver-complaint form. It asks for detailed information and promises a police followup such as a letter to the driver if adequate evidence is supplied.

The table below names a few of the services provided by the City, showing official department names and examples of what you can ask for. Click on the green links and explore the departmental websites to find more services and ways to access them.

Animal Services
  • request emergency response (lost pets, animals in distress)
  • report wildlife
  • find out about licenses
Garbage and Recycling
  • pickup / missed pickup
  • hazardous waste, large items, wood/metal, electronics
  • reducing, donating, buying 2ndhand
  • new bins, bin exchange, problems handling bins
  • Community Environment Days
(Streets, Parking, Transportation)
  • get info on road closures
  • buy street parking permits (including temporary)
  • obtain street event permits
14 Division (non-emergency)
416 808-2222
Property Issues
  • construction noise, noise from clubs / bars
  • graffiti, vandalism
  • lack of maintenance
Rental Housing
  • your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
  • organizations that support tenants
(Streets, Parking, Transportation)
  • report potholes, damaged curbs
  • request cleaning of catchbasin or road surface
Street Outreach
(Housing and Shelter)
  • homeless shelters, meals, clothing, dropin, housing help
  • people in crisis, call Toronto Distress Centre 416-408-HELP (4357)
(Parks, Forestry, and Recreation)
  • request tree planting
  • request tree pruning
  • report fallen tree
(Toronto Water)
  • report leaking water line
  • report basement drain backup
Winter Issues
  • report uncleared / icy sidewalks

Province of Ontario

The website at outlines the range of services provided provincially. Dial 211 for information and help on programs and services such as health care, income support, and disabilities. You can also search to find what is offered.

  • One particularly useful number: Telehealth Ontario, 1 866-797-0000. Use it when you want information or advice on a health issue that’s not an emergency.

Government of Canada

The website at provides an inclusive search function and offers quick access to information about the most requested services—Canada Post, Employment Insurance, Income Tax, etc.

Other Services and Organizations


Local Associations

Local Legal Services

Rental Issues