The lists below will give you a sense of the public services available to Harbord Village residents. This page covers only a selection. Use the links to find out more.
Elected Government Representatives
City of Toronto
- Call 911 for emergencies.
- To get information, or to request a service or report a problem, call 311 (TTY 416 338-0889). Phone lines are open 24/7, and agents are trained to be helpful. You will receive a transaction number so you can check on the progress of your request or complaint.
- The website at toronto.ca/311 is an amazing source of information. Enter a question or keyword and find instant answers about City services and programs.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org when you want a written record of your communication. You may want to cc. your message to the Councillor. You can also use web forms on toronto.ca/311 to request services or report problems.
- NEW: To report your observations of bad driving, you can now use an online driver-complaint form. It asks for detailed information and promises a police followup such as a letter to the driver when adequate evidence is supplied.
The list below sets out a few of the services provided by the City, showing the official department names and examples of what you can ask for. Click on the green links and explore the websites to find more services.
(City Clerk's Office, Assessment Rolls)
|Garbage and Recycling||
14 Division (non-emergency)
(Housing and Shelter)
(Parks, Forestry, and Recreation)
Province of Ontario
The website at ontario.ca/page/government-ontario outlines the range of services provided provincially. Dial 211 for information and help on programs and services such as health care, income support, and disabilities. You can also search www.211ontario.ca to find what is offered.
- One particularly useful number: Telehealth Ontario, 1 866-797-0000. Use it when you want information or advice on a health issue that’s not an emergency.
Government of Canada
The website at www.canada.ca provides an inclusive search function and offers quick access to information about the most requested services—Canada Post, Employment Insurance, Income Tax, etc.
Other Services and Organizations
- Liquor Licencing Authority, Toronto, or toll free in Ontario
- Property Tax Assessment Review
- Toronto District School Board
- Toronto Hydro
- Annex Residents’ Association
- Bloor Annex Business Improvement Association
- Harbord Street Business Improvement Association
- Huron-Sussex Residents’ Association
- Kensington Market Business Improvement Association
- Mirvish Village Task Group (updates on redevelopment)
- Palmerston Area Residents Association (PARA)
- Seaton Village Residents’ Association (website currently broken)